Internships are available for students and are usually given preference for hiring. Here are some examples of internships we have hosted in the past. Don’t worry if you don’t have an opportunity for an internship, apply for our Door County jobs anyway.
- Naturalist Internship
- Geologist Internship
- Outdoor Recreation Internship
- Photography Internship
- Outdoor Education Internship
- Marketing Internship, SEO
- Entertainers Internship
- Actors Internship
- Communications Internship Social Media
Get strong, get tan, meet people! Benefits include access to company kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboard gear, and zip line on availability basis (and according to skills), pro-deals on many brands of outdoor gear, free kayak trips for family, time to learn how to kayak, rock climb, sail, wakeboard, kiteboard and the chance to work with a fun group of individuals. Access to kayaks and zip line equipment for practice, personal and family/friend use on space available basis.
- Self motivated
- Display self confidence
- Possess strong leadership abilities in outdoor situations
- Be Social and outgoing.
- A smile
- Current CPR, First Aid Certification
- Join our Facebook pages
- Add us to your Google Plus+ circles
Door County Kayak Guide Description
- Guides will lead daily kayak tours of North Bay shipwrecks and Cana Island Lighthouse as well as guide daily zip line tours of the John Muir Trail. Guides give paddling, climbing, and zip line instruction. All tours and activities are conducted according to company guidelines, acct standards, while providing interesting, funny, and informative narratives of surrounding area and personal accounts.
- Marketing Social Media / Photo / Blogger / Communications Coordinator focuses on networking with local businesses as well as past, present and future guests. In charge of organizing guides to do daily blog/social posts and responses. Organizing parties and events. If you love to play on Facebook and have a humorous personality, this position might entice you.
Based on experience and certifications. Starting wages for a communications coordinator/guide is $10/hr + Tips for basic first year guiding.